Friday, April 23, 2010

Confessions of a Laugher...

It should be no secret, I love to laugh. If you didn't know this about me well then I'm sorry, but you don't know me very well. But there was a time in my life where I didn't laugh like I used to. And it scared me. But that's a different story. Anyway, I LOVE when random things just happen and I burst out in tears I'm laughing so hard. But I've realized lately, that God has a sense of humor too. I mean why shouldn't He have the best sense of humor? He invented it after all! I once read a quote that said, "If you want to make God laugh tell him your plans." This completely makes sense.

Yes, there are an infinite number of times when we break the heart of God, but sometimes I think all we can do is make Him chuckle. Sometimes I think all He can do is shake His head and say, "What are you doing my child? You're crazy, but I love you anyway."
Another reason I say he has a good sense of humor is that is the way he has taught me some of life's lessons. This happened just a few weekends ago. I was home and I guess you say I got a blast from the past to make a long story short. But instead of freaking out like I normally would have, all I could do was laugh. Because I realized that this was God's way of saying "See, I told you I was in control. Look how the huge things that used to stress you now have no significance because you finally decided to trust me with them. I told you Rachel, I have your back. See, I brought your blast from the past. It was all for my glory. See how all you can do is laugh at it now? And laugh at how silly you were? That's me. That's me changing you."

0 comments:

Post a Comment