Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Confessions of a Crest Whitestripper...

Although they are necessary for a brighter smile I severely dislike Crest White Strips. Why? Because first of all they are extremely messy and they leave you feeling all gummy. But most of all it's because you have to leave them on for 30 minutes! That's 30 minutes of not talking! So as I'm sitting here white-stripping my life away I've decided to let my voice be heard another way, via blog.

Despite the nuisance and inconvenience they provide they are necessary. And I think we can learn a very valuable lesson from our dear friends. Sometimes, you just have to be still. We live in such a busy world. And I love to be busy and go on adventures or out with friends. To play in the backyard and just be crazy, but sometimes, we need to just listen. Psalm 46:10 "Be still, and know that I am God; I will be exalted among the nations, I will be exalted in the earth."

So why are we so incapable of this? Sometimes we fill our lives with too much. Sometimes we worry about the future too much. And yes, sometimes the future is a pretty scary thing, but don't fret. God is already there working in ways that we can't even imagine. Sometimes we forget that we're not on our own. Sometimes we grow impatient. All these circumstances and more demand one response. Just be still.

And it's hard to not talk for 30 minutes. But the concept applies in our prayer lives too. We go to God with all sorts of requests, but sometimes we need to just listen. Just read. Just rest. And He will give you the patience to be still and wait on the Lord.

So, my fellow white strippers, just sit and meditate. Let all the anxiety go. And always remember you are not alone.

Exodus 14:14 "The LORD will fight for you; you need only to be still." I feel more peaceful already :)

0 comments:

Post a Comment